Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow and I are DONE! Part 1


In case anyone cares... I hate snow. My love relationship with snow is officially over. I used to think it was so pretty and glorious... the one time a year Nashville got it! Now, I have had enough. Maybe it is because I have gotten stuck in a ditch, going up a driveway, fallen down stairs, and had to walk up a steep hill to work on my knees with a 102 fever in it. Or possibly it is all the annoying people whose facebook statuses about it, I want to punch in the face (more later). I know, i seem very hostile right now. In reality, I am very peaceful, loving , anti-violent, person. :) Just not with snow at the moment. Right now I feel as though every time I see these "death flakes" a part of me dies inside. I am tired of being cold and wet. I am not in school anymore, therefore it just needs to go.

Since it does not seem that it is going anywhere... we shall deal. There are SOME good things about snow.. I am going to be "positive" for this part of the blog...
GOOD THINGS ABOUT SNOW:
1. Snow has the ability to transform the ugly brown ground and the bare trees into a majestic scene resembling that of an ice castle themed prom. Assuming I have nowhere to go, the ice encased trees and glistening snow-covered lawn can be a magical sight. It almost takes your breath away at the pure beauty…. until you step outside. Then the cold takes your breath away.

2. Little kids love it. There is some joy that comes from seeing kids bundled up from head to toe in snow gear making a lopsided snowman in the front yard. It brings back the time in life when heading out in the cold was fun and the more snow meant the better the sledding hill would be. It was magic when the FEW times I heard :David Lipscomb Campus School will be closed today!

3. It’s romantic… in theory. It would be completely wonderful to go ice skating with a nice snow fall coming down holding hands with your honey. It’s romantic until your pants are soaking wet from all the snow and you’ve fallen a million times, you have to scrape the car clean and slide into a ditch on the way home. Now, it is always romantic to sit by the fire and watch the snow fall with a good glass or wine, a good book or a good movie assuming you don’t have to leave the house for the next day or so.

4. It makes me appreciate summer. Never do I miss green grass, blue skies and 80 degrees more than when I’m stuck in a traffic slow down because of snow or having to wake up to dreary cloudy days, day after day after day.

Basically... snow and i are done. It should never snow this much in Nashville, TN. BUT since it has... we will deal. More on that in Part 2 of me rambling about snow, and continuing to be a horrible blogger :)



1 comment:

  1. hahaha!

    i'm so sorry you hate the snow. i'm still kind of loving it. anthony commented last night that it's a reminder of how God makes all things pure and clean again.

    way to look at the bright side though? :)

    ReplyDelete