Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Very Bad Blogger

"We fall short and that's the beautiful part. Broken, flawed, vulnerable people like you and me, are invited to be the hands and feet of a Jesus who loves us exactly as we are and yet, loves us was too much to let us stay that way."


Those words are so lovely and perfect to me. It is the raw, never ending truth. They are a paraphrase from a Nooma video I saw, or maybe it was just Rob Bell. Regardless, it was in my journal over and over again. We as humans, who are so broken, so flawed can run to Jesus. He takes us in, and holds us. The beautiful thing is that He does not stop there. He heals our wounds. The holes in His sweet hands, heals the holes in our hearts. I wish that people could love us for how we are, but as I have learned (especially recently) that rarely exists. Therefore, making our relationship with Jesus even more meaningful and special. He loves me even though I fail miserably everyday of my life. Not just miserably, but royally. But he is continually making better plans for me, and knocking (sometimes punching) at the door of my heart to grow in His love.


"God immerses us in mercy, stitches together our shredded souls. Our big God blesses our small faith." Max Lucado


Now anyone that knows me knows how much i love max. yes, we are on a first name basis now. jealous? i just can not help but wonder what it would have been like to grow up with him as a father... okay off topic. Anyways, I am just picturing God stitching up my "shredded soul" . Pretty much almost daily. How beautiful, glorious, and humbling that is. What a beautiful messes. Precious, precious, love.


Not sure that i really had a point for this entry, but i figured since i entitled it "a very bad blogger" i could get away with it all :) my goal for 2011...is to get better at this. mostly i rambled, mostly i said the same thing over and over... but today, tonight, i am okay with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment