Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss Me! I'm Irish!


Happy St. Patrick's Day all! So, who has been pinched today? Anyone?? I am wearing my "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt. I know what you are thinking... and yes, I am having to keep breath mints in my mouth continuously from all the people coming up to kiss me :). Okay, maybe not.. but I am getting many kisses from my loves, Heidi and Kate. I have already made them green eggs for breakfast!

I did not use to embrace my Irish-ness ( I am a quarter Irish), but this year I have decided to change my attitude and do it differently! I started to even celebrate on Monday with updating my blog with a cute 4 leaf clover, and sitting down with my boyfriends Ben and Jerry and indulging in some Mud Pie Ice Cream where I mixed in some Bailey's Irish Cream. Let me tell you... perfect combo for the Irish Cream lover. A little green food coloring, and you have your self a delish St. Patty's Day dessert!! Of course there is also the grand Irish Coffee as well if you prefer a ice cream-less treat. My deciding to embrace my Irish heritage this year is a sort of step towards healing and forgiveness, if you can believe it. I have not always been fond of the Irish part of my family, therefore, not a lot of pride in being Irish. Mostly because I do not want to take pride in the things the family stands for and has done. I also am not big on luck (even though it is cute) This year is different, this year is new, this year brings healing, joy, peace, and possibly a leprechaun. I might just start small by wearing my shirt, blogging on it, and eating my Bailey's/Mud Pie creation, and making green eggs (for the girls of course)... but hey it is a start! Who knows what next year will bring?! Happy St. Patty's Day all! :) Many Blessings!
Fun Fact: St. Patrick who this day is named after was not Irish at all! He was Romano-British and was kidnapped by Irish raiders and taken to Ireland to be a slave. :)
"There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were. "–Irish saying


1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness is truly freedom. Healing is so good! The very best is yet to come!New beginnings! You are beautiful!

    Monday night!!!Of course all these are not consumed at once....ingredients for sickness? :o)

    ReplyDelete