Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reflecting

I had planned on writing this post yesterday on Valentine's Day, but my day ended up being extremely busy. I always planned on a 3rd post on true love, but when an amazing person said to me : "I would REALLY like to be a Valentines hater... But if GOD is LOVE ....then I really don't want to be a hater". I could not stop thinking about that. I had already been trying and asking God to change my mind and feelings about this day of love, but when I got that message from her, I knew it had to happen. So I did it! Well, I let God do it. He really did it all. I was not even 1% bitter, or upset. I was only sad that to be reminded of losing one of my best friends, but there was not bitterness in me. I have a God who loves me beyond my imagination. Who loves me as if I was the only human on earth. ("God has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He does not deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with Him as if you were the only being He had ever created." -C.S. Lewis) He loves me enough to "chase" after me. As Brandon Heath so wonderfully wrote... He won't give up until my heart is stolen!! I have been blessed to have a love on Valentine's Day for many years, to be able to spend time with girlfriends, and also to be alone. No Valentine's Day ever could compare with the peace I was given from my God, my Father like I had yesterday. It was more beautiful than any amount of flowers, gifts, or romance anyone man or anyone could have ever given me, and will ever give me. For that, I am so thankful.

I did have a wonderful day. Starting out with surprising my mom at work with flowers that smelled like chocolate and carob (her chocolate), then I had lunch with Jenna (which was the best lunch ever), after that I got to go to work and play with my Valentine Heidi


and finally to end the day I had a wonderful Italian dinner with my dad, stepmom, their 2 best friends, and Joshua. It all ended with me dominating all of them in Phase 10. Yes you heard that right... I won!!! :) FINALLY. See what awesome things can happen with a change of mind and heart?? :)

On a happy note... with a relationship I refuse to accept anything less than this :


True love is not candy, flowers, pink, or feel good romance. All that is wonderful and can be apart of it, but true love is so much more. Love is something can be shown to everyone. To those who have no one. All you not single people, remember those of your friends who can be lonely and have no one. Don't act superior just because you have someone.. you are not. Those who are single.. get rid of the bitterness, but realize it is okay to feel lonely. Try to fill the void with something greater. I hope you were able to enjoy the day. single or not, and were able to love someone. If not, that is okay.. because today is another day, and really... all you need is love :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said!!! Thank you for sharing this. The power of love is beyond our understanding because God is love!! You are beautiful Tash!! The Lord has blessed and kept you, has made His face shine on you and obviously gave you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{love you}}}

    ps, i love the font you're using...yes, i'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete