Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beauty in the Darkness


SO.. I know I posted this to my profile and other places several times... but how could I not post it here too! I have been trying to spread this beauty around to all. I feel so strongly that it needs to be seen! Christians protecting the Muslim protesters in Cairo. Thank you!! I know so many are tired of talking about what has been happening in Egypt, everyone has moved on. I understand that. I have been there. Does not make it right. Does not necessarily make it wrong either. I know everyone thinks that I can't get it out of my heart and mind because of my family, but really there is one thing being pounded out in my heart and head over and over again. That is this: "Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdoms cause.." I have prayed this so many times. I know that is a huge reason why I have been blessed with a heart for so many. So many that are hurting, and a huge part of why I wanted to become a social worker... especially in the adoption/foster care realm. Why I break down and cry at all the orphan/Aids/Africa commercials. So many might make fun of me for that.. I do not care. I welcome the teasing. Sometimes even encourage it ;)

Back on topic... my heart hurts for Egypt, but at the same time pictures like the one above make it a sort of beautiful mess. There is always that glimmer, and sliver of hope. Not sure why I used the word "sliver". I detest it so. Right under the "m" word. I continue to pray for that country. For safety and for more moments like those above. I continue to pray for Americans and all over to soften their hearts and to put their political guns back into their holsters for just a bit( I don't want this to be a political thing at all. I hate politics if you must know) To also realize, what they see and hear in the news/media is often tainted, diluted, and/or embellished. I wish people would not forget. Sometimes people are so spoiled with the way we live here, it is hard to even believe that is going on in other parts of the world. We like to turn our heads away and continue to live ignorantly. In all honesty, I try to do just that. Every single day I try to forget and just live my life but, the pounding on my heart and mind just won't let me. So I keep praying. Praying for freedom and deliverance that may or may not come for these beautiful people. My family. God's loves them too you know. And not just the Coptic Christians. Break my heart Lord for what breaks Yours.

Okay, enough ranting and terrible blogging. Update on my family. My mom was able to talk to both of her brothers, my uncles (you re welcome for me stating the obvious), on Friday!! I will not say much to protect privacy. However, they are alive. They are not able to go out of their houses at all. They are allowed to leave by law during the day, but it is just too dangerous right now. They are having so many problems with looters, and people trying to set their houses on fire. They stay inside. They are not allowed by law out at night. It is pretty scary and so sad. Even though the phone and Internet is back up.. it is still shady and not always working. That is all I will say. Thank you again to all that have asked and prayed! It is not forgotten. Keep praying for those who are out there fighting for the freedoms you and I take for granted everyday. Also, keep remembering that until you live there... don't act like you know what is or is not best for the country. Stop being selfish. After all, is this life really just all about America being #1? I would hope not. If so, shame on you. Love.

God calls us to change the way we look at folks. Not to see them as insiders or outsiders, liberals or conservatives. To label is to libel. -Max Lucado










1 comment: