Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursdays 10: on Nashville!

Visit Lora's for the original!

If you do not live in Nashville.. you might not appreciate this. Fair warning! Recently Rolling Stones named my city (yes, I was actually BORN and raised here) the "Best Music Scene" in the country. With Adele on the cover I might add!! Also, our music venues, bars, restaurants, record stores, and clothing stores were also recognized. To the best Music Scene in the country award.. I want to say "DUH"... but I won't (or I guess I already did), but they glad you FINALLY noticed. The endless country and christian artists that live here are known, but also The Black Keys, Ben Folds, Kings of Leon, Jack White, sometimes Mumford & Sons, and many more call Music City Home as well. Keisha lives here too, but I am sorry, I can not recognize her as a musician of any kind... except a horrible one. I have been feeling guilty lately about my attitude towards Nashville. I want to be out west, and have been so rude to my amazing home. It has not helped that my best friend (Sorry Nicole) likes to talk bad about Nashville too, which encourages me to do it as well... when really if she actually knew a lot about Nashville and spent time here she would LOVE it. The food we have (you never got to know it sorry when i was sick) she would love, the funky clothing and record stores she would love, the shopping love, the random places... love, and the music she would love. So, I decided to dedicate Thursday's 10 to Nashville. Reasons to love it, and reasons why it is great to live here! Nashville, I apologize for being so mean. I believe I am just bitter that SO many people are moving here, taking over, and making my morning and afternoon commutes to and from work miserable. Random 10...

1. Music Venues... such as Exit Inn, Mercy Lounge, 12th & Porter, Station Inn, some of the oldest and most famous honky tonk venues (not for me ha ha) in the country, Grand Ole Opry, and so much more. The music venues are endless.

2. The Ryman. I felt this needed its own number really. This famous venue is 119 years old, and many call it "God's listening room". Having experienced concerts here, I must agree. There really is no other place like it. There are no bad seats, and the acoustics are outstanding. Love. it.

3. Vintage record stores such as Grimey's and Jack White's studio Third Man. Who would have better music and vintage stuff than Jack White?

4. Fun shopping and vintage stores.. that include famous people's clothing ha ha. Hillsboro Village, 12th Ave. South. Some of the places around town clothed people like The Beatles, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Kid Rock, Bob Dylan, and of course Jack White. Nashville is the land of skinny jeans. Yes we have TONS of cowboy boots, but really it is mostly about the skinny jeans, funky, and vintage styles around here lately. The shopping is becoming endless with indoor, outdoor, classic, vintage, elegant, funky, and trendy shops around every corner.

5. Food. The food choices are ENDLESS. Everyday something new, funky, and original opens. Burger Up (look it up. so yummy!), Sunset Grill, Puckets, Mafiaozas (john mayer loves it),
McNamara's Pub (so fun), Baja Burrito, PM, and all the other Nashville original's listed at this link, GiGI's Cupcakes is swell too. Fido as well.

6. Radnor Lake and all of our other amazing places to hike! they are endless. But Radnor tops them all for me. Who else has a park and place to hike right in the middle of the city??

7. Friendly people. Hey... it is still the south sometimes! Although, with the influx of people moving here it has started to become less friendly. Even still... let us all remember last years flood and how we came together like no other place has.

8. Downtown Franklin. So much to love.

9. Cheekwood, The Frist, The Parthenon, and so much more.

10. City, with a small town feel. Don't know how we do it, but that is Nashville. I can not go somewhere with out seeing someone I know. Daily.

No matter what. It is home. No matter where I will live, it will always be lovely, and it will always be home.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Very interesting! :)
    Kae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said girl! I love the fact that Kings of Leon live in Nashville. Caleb Followill is so beautiful! Haha! So what did you think about The Office last night? Was I the only one SOBBING? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we need a pub night soon

    and i've often done a nashville 10. nothing wrong with loving where you live! :)

    (sorry i moved in and took over, but it was 12 years ago... :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg so many fun places. nashville is known for it's great shopping a you know how much i love to shop! btw i have 3 pairs of TOMS tehehe i love em i am def gunna have to track those grey pair down! but of course if i cant find em in LR i can always go online.

    oh my goodness aren't you thankful the storms are over! hunkered down in a small closet, electricity out, and teeth chattering is not my idea of fun!

    hope you have an AH!!MAZING weekend!

    ReplyDelete