Saturday, March 12, 2011

Here I am Lord, Send Me.



(I started this before the events in Japan, but seems fitting to finish now...)

I can not keep getting this verse and these words out of my head. If God asks me: "Who am I going to send", I want to be able to answer.. "Me Lord, Send me". I don't care if it is over seas, in American, or in my back yard.. just send me. There are so many people who are happy right now and are having good things to happen to them. I could not be happier for them, and I mean that with all my heart. I want everyone to be happy (true joy really), but at the same time.. no matter how much happiness or joy is around me, I can't get the people who are hurting out of my heart. We tend to ignore those who are in pain when we are having good things happen to us and we especially tend to ignore and avoid those around us (our family and friends) who are hurting when we are so happy. I have experienced that in my own life with people over and over again. I don't want to be like that because it is so selfish of us. There is nothing wrong with rejoicing for others and ourselves, nothing wrong with having fun( please have fun.. we all need it.. I intend to bask in the sunshine today, even if I have to do it alone), but if that is all we do, I have to wonder about our hearts. About my heart. Through much prayer(and agony), I have come to learn that I can not fix everybody. Actually, I can not fix anyone.. including myself. BUT... coming to that realization does not mean that I just should sit and stay in my little bubble and never help anyone. That my friend would be what we call a cop out. Among other things. Wake up, and look around you. I hate watching the news too. Don't watch the news, just do something. The news just creates more fear, and causes us to sit on our butts and do nothing but have our eyes gloss over from being glued to the information fed to us.

Jesus is concerned about the weak, and weary, and those who can not make it on their own. God has mercy on them, so why should we not? Taking care of the weak is hard, it is messy. Often getting down with them and getting on their level is not fun. But, if I am going to choose to follow the Jesus I claim to serve, do I really have a choice not too? Should I even want another choice? I need to stop judging and ignoring those in need. I also need to stop being comfortable, and only doing things out of guilt. I need to allow God to change my heart and put into action the love that I have for those who are hurting, to defend the helpless, and have mercy for others... just as He does. After all, what all does God as of you to do? Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God.



Something here is wrong
There are children without homes
But we just move along to take care of our own
There's so much suffering just outside our door
A cry so deafening
We just can't ignore


To all the people who are fighting for the broken
All the people who keep holding on to love
All the people who are reaching for the lonely
Keep changing the world (MIKESCHAIR)


You lived among the least of these
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.

All my needs you have supplied.
When i was dead you gave me life.
How could i not give it away so freely?

And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy god.
Follow you into the world.

Use my hands use my feet
To make your kingdom come
Through the corners of the earth
Until your work is done
`cause faith without works is dead
And on the cross your blood was shed
So how could i not give it away so freely? (Leeland)

2 comments:

  1. Tasha. I just started reading your blog and I love it and i love you. Thank you for not being afraid to say what we all need to hear but we try to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl.. you know i just have a big mouth :) HA HA!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete