Friday, March 18, 2011

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!



Today, I will tell you about one of my greatest struggles in life:)....
If one was to ask me if I liked coffee I would simply answer: "Only with my oxygen". I love coffee, I adore coffee. If it was physically possible to marry a beverage, I would marry coffee and have latte babies. I can drink it hot, cold, and on my best day lukewarm. I can sip it slowly and savor it or gulp it down like water. Cream, sugar, flavors, syrups, chocolate, cinnamon, black, white.. I will drink it. I would like to take a bath in the smell of coffee. Too much? Mayhaps, but there is just something so soothing and lovely about it. It comforts me as alcohol comforts an alcoholic. If I am stressed I want coffee, coffee and more coffee. Now don't get me wrong, I love to have a glass of wine too, but nothing makes me feel better than coffee. It reminds me of times shared with friends, family and loved ones, mornings, afternoons, and nights at the Montgomery's kitchen table with Rebecca and friends, coffee parties with my mom as a kid, studying at Midnight Oil, and many other fond memories. I love sitting, reading, and drinking coffee at Starbucks.

However, coffee does not like me. I try so hard to only have it once a month, on special occasions and only when spending time with others (such as trips to Searcy in the Montgomery's kitchen :)), but I am weak. I fail miserably at it. I WANT COFFEE. Daily, hourly at times even. If coffee could be some ones thorn in their.. it would be mine. I crave it, I want it, I need it! Alas, I will continue my daily struggle of refraining from coffee. Ladies and Gents, if you can drink coffee with no problem... enjoy it and consider yourself blessed. Those who have their own Starbucks in their house.. I envy you (although, only purely for that reason, because I don't need to live that extravagant of a life... but a Starbucks in my house would be okay). I find myself wondering if they have a patch for coffee addicts. I mean if they can have one for nicotine addicts, why not caffeine ones? Of course it would do no good for me, it is no longer the caffeine that is what lures me to coffee. It really is just the smoothness, and warm fuzzy feelings it gives me. I am going to now end my ridiculous rant, and this absurd blog post. Can't you see what no coffee does to me?! Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! :)


A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."


(Disclaimer: When working as a social worker in Searcy I became HIGHLY addicted to it. Basically it was on me at all times from 6 am to 3 am when I went to bed. I stopped just short of having a continuous IV of coffee attached to me at all times. 2 words... Kidney Stones. Than I got sick, bad kidneys, and long story short.. I should really only have coffee once a month.. or never. )

No comments:

Post a Comment